A day in Trichy!
I am currently in Trichy, and I will be blogging my trips today and two specialities about all the temples.
First I visited the Amma Mandapam which was about 2 mins from our house, and I dipped my foot inside and got a Divine blessing. The Amma Mandapam is a holy place where Sri Ranganathaswamy and other people can cleanse and take bath. Till this day the Elephants bathe at Amma Mandapam, and utsavar is occasionally dipped in the water. Today was a special day, Pournami, the day of the full moon. Rituals were happening inside. I couldn't take any photos as I was going to dip in the river so I left my phone home.
Then, when I went home, I did a quick doodle of the Trichy Malaikottai.
Then, In the evening, I travelled to Thiruvellarai to see Pundarikaksha Perumal, The temple felt peaceful and calm, and felt like the Srirangam temple. We had to go to the inner prakaram and climb about 20 steps to see perumal. I fed some peacocks inside the temple and even found a Rock-cut pallava temple inside!
Afterwards, I went home and ate dinner. Then I went to the Sri Ranganathaswamy Temple which was close by as the house I'm in is in a street in Amma Mandapam Road. The temple wasn't necessarily crowded but I had to squeeze through. They were getting ready for Ugadi as Rangolis and Lights were set up.
Comments
Post a Comment